Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thank you Jessica (and Amazon)

Well, it finally happened. After years of working in software and building websites for others, I finally sold a simple product online to a customer. Using Amazon's website I listed and sold an old book. I'm heading to the UPS store to ship the book.

If I were making a list of things young people should know how to do, selling a product online would definitely be one of them. This is the equivelent of working at the corner store for a summer back in our nation's golden era. Partcipating in the exchange of goods and services as a provider not just as a consumer has value for young people trying to acquire a real sense of how society works.

Anyway, I'm off to ship the book. Who knows, this may be the start of a new way to fund my main hobby, stock investing...

J. Sweeney

No comments: